- Losing themselves (one of the top answers).
- The unknown.
- Negative spirits.
2) Judgment From Friends & Family - This was another one of the top fears. Being judged by others, family, friend, whoever. But this is a PERSONAL journey. One that is for you and you alone. I'd suggest not sharing this journey with others unless they are on the same journey or someone who you can have good conversations with about it. You can still develop to a very high level on your own. If and when you decide to tell people will they judge you? Yes. You will get skepticism from others, judgement, and even disbelief. But this is also okay. You don't need someones approval to move forward on a spiritual journey, it's a YOU thing, not a WE thing.
3) Being Wrong - Count on it, this will happen, and it's okay! This is how you learn how it feels when you are "in tune" and when you are not in tune. Especially in the beginning of your journey. You have a lot to learn, this is a marathon not a sprint. You need to learn a lot about translating messages, how it "feels" to be in tune, and practice, practice, practice. Once you develop so far, you will also need to have more training, or find a mentor, this is important if you want advance as far as you can.
4) Feeling Disappointed - Not trying being able to develop, or thinking you have abilities when you don't. If you are having trouble developing or feel "stuck" you need more training and this is where a class or a mentor can be "extremely" helpful. If you are interested in developing your abilities at all, you have some sort of ability nudging you along and trying to develop. The keys is figuring out what those abilities are so that you can properly develop. Again, this is helpful with guidance.
6) Hearing Voices - This is a valid fear as it's usually associated with someone being crazy or not right. However, when you hear voices, many times it's different than you think it will be. Most often it's in the inner ear, the same way you "recall" a conversation you've had in the past. Will this happen? Everyone has this happen already, the funny thing is, most people think it's their own inner voice...
9) Being Tested By Dark Ones - We are always being tested. It doesn't matter if we are developing our psychic senses or not, it's a fact. You may not even know it. Dark entities are always trying to bring your vibration down, and they are sneaky about it, but it's not the way you think. (I just did a post on this here: Can Negative Entities Or Energies Harm Or Posses You?) However, when you learn to advance to a higher level, protection also raises and becomes more powerful. Again, it's all about knowledge and proper training.